23 Sep Setting Priorities: When to Seek Emergency Dental Care
Emergency is a condition which demands immediate treatment! No matter you are on a holiday or are working hard in your office, emergency can arise anytime, anywhere. Whenever you encounter a dental issue, your dentist should be your first call. It is important to understand the difference between a standard-issue and an emergency to save yourself from losing a tooth!
For all dental emergencies, it is important to visit an emergency dentist or an emergency dental clinic as soon as possible. To help you set priorities and understand the urgency of consulting a dentist, here are a few key considerations:
Ask Yourself a Few Questionss
Not every dental situation should be considered an emergency! To help you determine if you can wait or need immediate assistance, here are a few questions that you should ask yourself:
- Are you in severe pain?
- Are you bleeding?
- Have you lost a tooth?
- Do you have an infection?
In other words, any dental problem that needs immediate treatment to stop bleeding, alleviate severe pain, or save a tooth is considered an emergency. So, if you encounter any of the above-stated symptoms find an “emergency dental clinic near me” and get immediate assistance!
What are Common Dental Emergencies?
It is important to know what kind of problems require emergency dental care, so you can assure that your teeth are in good and healthy condition. Some oral issues or injuries can wait while others need immediate assistance! Here are a few dental emergencies which require immediate treatment:
- Cracked or Chipped Tooth: If you encounter a crack or fracture, clean your mouth with warm water and apply a cold compress to your face to reduce swelling and contact your dentist immediately!
- Knocked Out Tooth: With immediate treatment, there is a possibility that your dentist might be able to reinsert and preserve your tooth. So, visit an emergency dental clinic and increase the chances of saving your tooth.
- Abscessed Tooth: A tooth abscess is an infection that may cause fever, tooth sensitivity to hot and cold, a persistent toothache, tender lymph nodes in your neck, swelling in the face, and a pimple-like bump on your gums near the infected tooth. This condition is an emergency as the infection can spread into your jaw, surrounding tissue, and to other areas of the body. Thus, it is recommended to contact an emergency dentist at the earliest!
How to Avoid Potential Emergencies?
- Without a doubt, the best way to prevent dental emergencies is to stay proactive in your oral hygiene and have routine check-ups with your dentist.
- Get your loose teeth, fillings and crowns checked timely before they develop into emergencies like decay, infection, and gum diseases.
- Carefully watch for signs that lead you toward an emergency.
- Develop a comprehensive dental hygiene routine which will help keep these circumstances at bay.
So, if you are dealing with a dental emergency, it is important to get the required medical assistance from a genuine dental clinic! If you are calling during normal business hours, your dentist may be able to fit you, but if you are calling after hours or on weekends, your dentist’s answering service may have a number for you to call in an emergency.
At Sher Dental, we provide a professional range of emergency dental treatment services. From toothache to tooth loss, our medical practitioners offer to provide top-notch emergency dental care and treatment services.
Whether you are looking for cosmetic dentistry or dental implants, we have the required skills, expertise and equipment to provide our patients with comprehensive periodontal treatment. With the main goal of achieving and maintaining healthy teeth and gums, we are one of the leading dental clinics.
Thus, wait no more and get the required assistance today!